|
An Update on Betty We had really hoped Betty’s zinc poisoning was finally behind her, but her latest bloodwork has given us reason to worry again. One of the blood values we use to watch for anemia has dropped. She isn’t anemic yet, but the change is concerning, and we don’t want to wait for her to feel as bad as she did in April. Her vet has recommended restarting therapy while we wait for Betty’s appointment at Stahl’s next week. We’re also waiting for the results of her zinc test. Imaging at Stahl’s should help us see whether the small piece of metal suspected of causing her illness is still inside her, or whether she might have found and swallowed more metal. Once we know more, we can talk with her vets about what makes the most sense for Betty. We want to avoid a serious, risky surgery if we possibly can.
The reassuring part is that Betty seems like herself. Her behavior and energy have been good, and that matters so much. There isn’t a lot of data to guide us on zinc poisoning in turkeys, so we’re also looking to Betty herself for the most important clues about how she’s feeling. We love Betty so much and are determined to help her get better. We’ll share another update after her appointment, when we have a clearer picture of what comes next. Thank you for caring about her with us.
0 Comments
Leave a Reply. |
AuthorStories from the animals of Life With Pigs. Archives
October 2026
Categories
All
|
Proudly powered by Weebly
RSS Feed